KEY STAGE 1 SCHOOL MEALS: All children in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2 are entitled to a free school meal.
KEY STAGE 2 SCHOOL MEALS: (Years 3, 4, 5 and 6) are £11.50 per week (£2.30 per day)
We are asking that over the summer holidays you fill out the online forms for what your child will want for the autumn term in school. Our menu system is over three weeks. Please fill out ‘Week 1’, ‘Week 2’ and ‘Week 3’. The menu was sent to you over email and can be found below:
School meals are paid via SCHOOL MONEY via online payments, as we are now a cashless school. Please see the schoolmoney page of our website and contact the school office for more information.
We respectfully ask that all parents (KS1 and in KS2) give us a least two week’s notice of a change in meals arrangements ie packed lunch to school dinner or visa versa and note that this arrangement to be for a half term as the school cook has to order food in advance and sudden changes in numbers for dinners can effect this.
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
If your child is in KS2 they may be able to get free school meals if you receive qualifying benefits. Use the link below to check if you are eligible.
Tell us if you get any of the benefits below as your child’s school can get extra funding, called Pupil Premium. Pupil Premium provides extra funding to help raise pupil achievements.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit
* Even if you don’t wish for your child to have school meals, or they are in Reception, Year 1 or Year 2, it is still worth applying for free school meals. If you are eligible, the school and your child will then benefit from funding for Pupil Premium. Pupil Premium funding can greatly benefit your child’s learning experiences at the school.
There is no stigma attached whatsoever – other children not aware of which children have FSM as all children on school meals are treated the same. The pupil premium is worth over £1000 per pupil for the school your child attends. To apply, simply ring your local Area Education Office.
Area Education Office East:
Hyndburn, Ribble Valley, Burnley, Pendle, Rossendale
Pupil Access Team
Area Education Office East The Globe Centre
1 Globe Way
Phone: 01254 220711 with details of your name, date of birth and National Insurance Number and an immediate on-line decision can be given.
Once you have applied and been granted free school meals for your children you do not need to re-apply annually. You will be contacted, normally in August each year, to confirm whether or not your children are still entitled to free school meals.
Milk for Infants
As part of the School Food Plan, milk is available for all children having school lunches. School milk is free for children under the age of five and to children receiving or entitled to Free School Meals in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. Contact the school office for more information*
Milk is also available for children in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2. If you wish to register and pay for your child to receive daily milk contact the School Office or contact COOLMILK on Telephone 0844 854 2913
School Food Plan
This plan is about good food and happiness. It is about the pleasures of growing, cooking and eating proper food. It is also about improving the academic performance of our children and the health of our nation.